Sunday, April 23, 2017

My Game of Life


Mother. Wife. Allergy Aide. Homeschool Headmistress. Explorer. Writer. Gamer. Artist.  Tea Enthusiast. Adventure Seeker. Novice Gardener. Chef. Story Lover. Lifelong Learner.

This is me in a nutshell, though the list seems ever changing. 

Most of all, I feel like a beginner in all too many aspects of my life, not where I expected to be as I near 30. Even writing seems so foreign to me some days. It's interesting how each time I sit down to write, I feel like such a different person. Brené Brown writes about this in Rising Strong. She says, "Our identities are always changing and growing, they're not meant to be pinned down." It's funny that through the many transitions, I thought I'd lost my voice as a writer and, in turn, lost myself.  Always searching for a constant that remains in flux. 

I feel like my family's been in constant transition since my husband and I got married nearly seven years ago. We shocked ourselves and loved ones by jumping head first into our relationship. Much like the beginning of The Game of Life, we knocked out one major milestone after another. College - career - marriage - house - a couple of kids. Then as gameplay slows a bit, I was prepared for life to settle down, spending my days gaining mastery over my domestic domain. Pay days- collect LIFE tiles - pay other players money. Instead we've been starting one new journey after another, shifting our life into one I hadn't envisioned. 


Here I'll share the ups and downs that this game of Life is taking us, through homeschooling, allergies and chronic illness, along with the love we have for art, nature, games, and food :)

Sunshine and glitter,
Kami

No comments:

Post a Comment